Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My Day Off

Nothing but ramblings, really...

Bought a suit on Sunday. Went to Men's Wearhouse, was helped by a lovely saleschick named Centaur, or something like that. Anyway, Steph and I spent waaaaay too much money, and when it was over, we decided we just couldn't spend $500 on a suit, because I still needed the shirts, socks and shoes... understand, I've never needed a suit. Never had a reason to buy one, so this was our learning trip.

Thanks to the Good Rev'rn Ty, we went to JC Penney's, found one much, much cheaper. Tried on some shoes, but didn't find anything I wanted. Decided to wait a day, so we went to visit S&K Menswear--they have this "2 Shirts, 2 Suits, 2 Ties for $250" deal, though like any deal, nothing good was in the limited selection.

So on Monday, I decided I'd go in the morning, before work, and get everything I needed. Went to Proffitts first... their shoe department wasn't very good, their salespeople weren't very helpful, and there was NO ONE in the suit department. So I left.

Onto Sears. Same. Suit department not good. Shoe department not good.

Went to Parisian. A guy in their suit deparment was helpful, but he didn't seem to understand I had a price range, even though I told him like, four times. I ended up trying on a blazer that fit really well... he said "fits you like a suit should." I looked at the price. $695. I said "Yeah, but it doesnt cost what my suit should." Left there and went to the shoe deparment. There was a guy who actually was helpful... he measured my foot--which is very wide--and spent 20 minutes with me in trying on shoes and helping me figure out what would fit in my price range. And I ended up picking up a pair of black Steve Maddens for $69.95.

So then, back to JC Penney's. The guy that waited on us the day before was there, and I said "I'm here to get my suit". What's great is that on Sunday, this guy looked at me and guessed my blazer size (44S), shirt size (16.5, 32/33) and pant size (36/30). Actually, that might be scary. Anyway... I have a suit.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

Our 2nd Anniversary was yesterday. Had dinner at PF Changs--the honey glazed shrimp was AWESOME.

I bought Stephanie two things--a book that she's been wanting for a while... I had to order it, but thats because she wanted the hardcover edition and its not available in any store. Then I also got her a game she's been wanting, which we played several times last night.

She did well... she went by my favorite comic book shop and picked up a stack of comics I've been missing, then also gave me money to put towards my iPod goal. I'm shooting for the 60gig video iPod, ranging at about $399, and right now I'm at $270 or so. I'll get there eventually.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

So today is a day off. And my brain is rotting because I've watched an hour of Real World/Road Rules Gauntlet 2, and am currently watching the 40 Most Awesomely Bad Love Songs Ever.

I slept a little late, and right now, at 1215, I've done NOTHING. I've got laundry to do, I have to file and inventory my new comics, I need to do some drama stuff, take a shower, shave, eat something, go by the grocery store, and so far, I'VE DONE NOTHING!!!!!

And its been FEEEEEEEE-NOMINAL.

Coming tomorrow... I'll review the latest American Idol, and talk about The Amazing Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!