Saturday, March 08, 2008

Are You New to The Blog? (updated 11-06-08)

Go back to Clouds In My Coffee

Randomly, various people will tell me something they read on The Clouds In My Coffee Blog. Many times, its someone that I didn't know read the blog, or perhaps I didnt even know they knew about it ... I mean, I've averaging 10 to 20 people per day, so someone has to read it, but when someone randomly mentions something I wrote here, many times I have the same reaction... "You read it too? That's awesome..."

So, for you new folk that perhaps tuned in for the first time during this week's election, I thought I'd give you a formal introduction...

The blog started as I was going with a group on a mission trip to NYC in 2005... I thought it would be a great way to keep up. But then, after the trip, I decided to keep going with the blog.

And almost 400 entries and three and a half years later, I'm still here. Actually, it went from The Adventures of Dave to The Sojourner to what is now called Clouds in My Coffee--named for a song you'll probably hear on the site's playlist each month.

Now that the election is over, and I've had over 200 page loads in the last week (including a CIMC record 60 on Tuesday), its time to return to what this blog is really all about... whats that, you ask?

On this blog you'll find stuff about The Happiest Place in the Mall, politics, movies, music, American Idol, Survivor, church, friends, life, books, thoughts, prayers, television, experiences and everything else, and you'll meet great people like the Nic Cage Lovin' Scott Latta, Lil' Sister Ashley (spell, a friend of mine), The Goddess (see below), Mikey (former roommate), Big Wookiee (former roommate), KT and J Rob (friends of mine) and of course, The Lovely Steph Leann (best friend and life partner)

Photobucket
People ask me, "Does Steph Leann get upset when you talk about The Goddess?" and to that I say, "Have you ever heard her talk about Colin Firth? She even has a Colin Firth Club, with members including Patrick Dempsey and Bradley Whitford." So no, she doesn't. She knows where my heart is and she knows she's the best thing not named Jesus about my life.

You'll also hear about life at The Happiest Place in the Mall (where I work mainly), names like Julie and Tiffany, and Brad Latta (ombudsman and Atty General of Clouds in My Coffee)

I'm also right smack dab in the middle of The Dave100, a countdown of my 100 favorite films of all time. There's no rhyme or reason as to when I post a new movie on the list, but you'll find them sprinkled about in the blog's archives.

Coming in January, I'll be doing my 4th edition of "The 100 Coolest Things of the Year", where I actually list the top 100 best things about the previous year... who knows, you might find yourself on it...

There are links on the right to all sorts of fun sites, like Entertainment Weekly, ESPN, news sites, weather sites, movie times, some of my favorite blogs, and you can see the Dave's Archaves, where you'll find hundreds of other posts made over the years.

A little note... if you find that there are no links on the right, scroll down. If the links start after the last blog ends, that means you have an older version of Internet Explorer. You'll have to live with this, or update your IE...

Its an exciting time for The Clouds in My Coffee blog, as the counter on the right (if there's just an X on the box, you might need to refresh the page) is on the downslope toward 20,000 page loads (which means the blog has been looked at 20,000 times!).

Enjoy the blog. Feel free to comment, you don't have to register to do so, and I hope you come back to see me.

Your pal,
d$

Go back to Clouds in My Coffee

2 comments:

  1. Hey David $ just found your site. Check out ours too. Jimmy said you came to see him today, that's cool. We will be praying for you guys on your trip. Let us know if there are specific things we can pray for.
    our site is
    http://jrhenderson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, you just go to the video you want to put on your blog and in the upper right corner there under the "About This Video" is a little thing that says "embed." Just cut and paste the long link onto your blog and viola!

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your response! Click here!!