Three things in this posting... Deuce Madness Update, a Dave's Random Bracket Update, and a Idol conversation...
Apologies for not updating like I should... unfortunately, silly little things like life, work, marriage, haircuts, oil changes, job transition and spending time with Steph get in the way of updating on my blog... I'm sure you understand =)
First, the Madness. Well, its pretty much over for me--the only thing I have to work towards is trying to at least tie Steph,though I'll have to be nearly perfect for the rest of the tourney. I'm sad now.
As of 1207pm, Saturday (before the Elite Eight games tip off), here are the updated standings, with name, points and in ( ) is the number of final four team left on their bracket:
1. David Mark Osborne, 490 (4)
2-tie. Mark Gainey, 480 (3)
2-tie. Drew Morris, 480 (4)
4. Scott Latta, 445 (3)
5-tie. The Idol, 440 (4)
5-tie. The Powell, 440 (4)
5-tie. The Wife, 440 (4)
8. Barnie, 435 (4)
9-tie. Mikey, 430 (4)
9-tie. Brad Latta, 430 (4)
9-tie. Hawbaker, 430 (3)
9-tie. TomJ, 430 (3)
13-tie. Matta Latta, 420 (4)
13-tie. Yours Truly, 420 (2)
15. Tyler Campbell, 415 (3)
16. Tebershaw, 410 (3)
17-tie. JTay, 390 (3)
17-tie. Sarah, 390 (3)
19. Garrett Cheney, 365 (3)
Dead Last. Trey Cartledge, 340 (2)
A Few Things I Learned from Idol This Past Week, in no random order
...it's hard to hear any song being sung when there are polecats wrestling, as there were underneath Haley's gold bandanna shirt she wore
...Blake Lewis, though he won't win, is going to be mildly successful after this show is over
...Crying girl over and over? Inappropriate. The Kinks crying, over Punjab butchering thier song? Completely appropriate, and even understandable
...My fascination with Chris Sligh is sadly slipping away, as his performances is just not that memorable right now
...Paula says less by saying more than anyone else I know... okay, except for Pelosi. And Algore. And Alec Baldwin. And Rosie O'Donnell. And...
...I keep waiting for one of the cast members to finally say about one of the guest judges, "She's coming? Crap... I hate her music", like I'm sure some of them were quietly saying about Diana Ross.
...A Fergie themed night would be out of control.
...Though it's starting to get a little more competitive, this is Mindy Doo's competition to lose
...When Paula starts out any comments with "You look great" or "You had a lot of fun up there", that means "You sucked, but I just don't want to say it"
...Jordin Sparks rocks my face off.
...I've got the Hots For Glock.
Dave's Random Bracket Update
Final first round action:
(1) Strong Bad defeated (16) The Samson Tigers 3-2, and (8) Meredith Quintana takes out (9) The Red Hot Chili Peppers 3-0
(5) Wendy Garner takes out (12) The Purple Onion 3-1, while (4) The Shawshank Redemption defeats (13) Sister Act 2's "Joyful Joyful" 3-2.
In a huge upset, play-in winner (16) Hannah Pruitt defeats (1) Rush Limbaugh 3-1, and hot (9) Ashley Judd defeats (8) The Amazing Race All Stars 3-1.
(5) Ashley Spell defeats (12) Dale's Southern Grill 3-2 and then (4) Scott Latta sweeps (13) Ginny Weasley 3-0...
So that means... Dave's Random Bracket 2nd Round Commences!
Here's what is looks like:
THE MIKEY NIPP REGION
The Venti Caramal Macchiato Subregional
(1) Strong Bad vs (8) Meredith Quintana
(5) Wendy Garner vs (4) The Shawshank Redemption
The Tall Vanilla Bean Frappuccino Subregional
(11) The Mackey Clan vs (14) The Erin Formerly Known as Coates
(7) Kelly Clarkson vs (15) Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
THE iPOD REGION
The Double Tall Cafe Mocha Subregional
(16) Hannah Pruitt vs (9) Ashley Judd
(5) Ashley Spell vs (4) Scott Latta
The Doppio Espresso Subregional
(6) The Empire Strikes Back vs (3) Hard Rain starring Christian Slater
(10) Factor 7 vs (2) The Rock
THE PAULA MADDOX REGION
The Iced Tall Cafe Americano Subregional
(16) Nelly Furtado's "Say It Right" vs (8) Christy Parvin
(12) John Cena in "The Marine" vs (4) Kellie Pickler
The Grande Soy Chai Subregional
(6) Hootie & the Blowfish vs (14) Sarah McLachlan
(10) James & Jessica Hawbaker vs (2) O'Carrs Cheesecake
THE TROY STATE REGION
The Kids Hot Chocolate Subregional
(1) Outkast's "Hey Ya" Video vs (8) The Geico Caveman
(5) NYC Jenni vs (13) Fergie's "Fergalicious"
The Grande Cinnamon Dolce Subregional
(6) Lost vs (14) HBO's Autopsy
(7) Lily Allen's "Alright, Still" vs (2) Tyler Campbell
Coming This Week:
The Sweet Sixteen, and by next weekend, we'll have an Elite Eight & a Final Four! Who Will be hoisting the Steph Leann Random Bracket Trophy?