Sunday, November 01, 2009

More Timberlake, More Musical Fun, More Videos of the Decade

By the way, I'm 2 people shy of the 100 Mark on the Clouds in My Coffee Facebook Group. Have you signed up?

By the way (part 2), if you are actually reading this on Facebook, you'll want to go to the original Clouds in My Coffee website, because videos don't show up on Facebook.

Alrighty... we're doing the Clouds Countdown on my favorite videos of the decade, and just a recap, #20 was "Fallin' For You" by Colbie Caillat, #19 was a tie between "Without You" by Eminem & "Stand Up" by Ludacris, #18 was "What Goes Around ... / ... Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake, #17 is "The Story" by Brandi Carlile and #16 was "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado. See #20 here, and see #19 to #16 by clicking here.

At #15, its what I consider Part I (with "What Goes Around... /... Comes Around" being Part 2) of the best video "Forget You!" combo of all time. To Britney, Justin says, "Hey. Check it. You're absolutely nuts. People think you are a freak show. Me? I'm not only loaded, chicks dig me like crazy--heck, K-Dub loves me more than she loves her sister--and even though I was in a boy band, I'm still FRIGGIN COOL!!!"

Probably not Emmy Turnbow Safe, here's "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake.



Here's a video that perhaps I like just as much for the song as I do the video--the song, after all, was #24th in the 100 Coolest Things of 2005... I like the video because its aggressive, its passionate and Kelly Clarkson simply throws down in a wedding dress.

My 14th favorite video of the decade is "Behind These Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson--once again, unavailable to post here, so click here for the YouTube link to the video.

Here's one I discovered sometime last year, from a song I discovered sometime last year. I've grown to appreciate Jason Mraz over the last couple of years both as a singer and a songwriter--for anyone who can actually sing successfully the second verse to "The Remedy", I commend you.

My vote for my 13th favorite video of the decade is "You and I Both" by Jason Mraz. Its a fun, light song and a silly video with bank tellers and managers dancing around, and somehow, Mraz getting arrested at the end, yet its still a hoot. Enjoy.



And finally, for this post, here's my 12th favorite video of the decade, from one of my favorite hip-hop songs of all time...



This one actually might be Emmy Turnbow Safe, with a few exceptions. Anyway, I love the song, and I love the story the video tells, Kelly Rowland is by far and away the hottest of the Destiny's Children and the whole thing is done great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!