Song heard during the writing of this column from having the iPod on shuffle: "Sink or Swim" by Plumb, "Even Flow" by Pearl Jam, "100 Years" by Five for Fighting, "Come and Talk to Me" by Jodeci, "The Cop Song" from Urinetown, "Good Enough" by Sarah McLachlan, "Son of a Preacher Man" by Dusty Springfield, "Sweet Emotion" by Aerosmith
The Adventures of Dave will be one year old on Tuesday. Who knew? I started this blog with the intentions of reporting on NYC's mission trip last year, and not much else. About December or so, I decided to make this a hobby, and over 100 posts and almost a year later, here we are.
So thats settled.
Also, you'll notice that the words under the new title have changed. This is what I'm going to call the Moron Statement. I'll be happy to post a moron statement every few days, usually something moronic said by someone on the left. Because they hate America, hate God, hate Jesus, love to understand their enemies and are generally useful idiots. Why? Because you need to see it.
So, I've been exploring myspace.com. That's a huge site I've not really looked into much... I know lots of people who have MySpace sites, and I considered it... but why? It takes enough time to work on this blog as it is.
That being said, I found sites for my buddy Michael, one for Shawn Sharp (which has a picture that I took), this chick named Lora that I will forever consider to be 13, my friend Nikki (whom I've seen more in the last six months than the previous six years combined), the Good Rev'ren Senator Ty Coffey, another for Matt & Ginger (where you can see their unborn girl), a girl who has one of the top five smiles ever, my pal Amy (who has just a great pic up) and finally, and some guy named Tom, who is friends with over 89 million people. Sort of like The Deuce.
I might start monitoring some of these sites, and possibly put the links under the blogs section on the right.
I guess I could get with the crowd, but what if some old man tries to meet me for sex? That might freak me out.
I figure I can just keep this site going strong, and maybe start adding pictures. Does anyone have a tag or some instructions for this?
FYI, this weekend I'm going to start posting my series called "A Love Story in Three Acts", which actually will take place over about 10 parts. Its the full, true story of Cindy Howell, Amy Wible and Stephanie Campbell, and I hope you like it.
I'm actually a little nervous about it, because I'm afraid people will get bored... but I think it reads pretty well, and some of the readers (ie, Ty, Michael, Shawn, Steph) will recognize some of the events as they are revealed. Its a story of love, heartbreak and the joy of finding someone in His Will.
Speaking of MIchael Nipp, I had no idea he married an Alabama Gymnast.
On Google Fight, I kicked Scott Latta's butt, while The Deuce killed The NegaDeuce.
Because you've always wanted to know, here's a list of problems solved by MacGyver.
Because you've always wanted to know, here's a site full of Men Who Look Like Kenny Rogers
Speaking of the iPod, I'll end with this... there's a playlist on iTunes that keeps track of the most played songs. Because I use it for podcasting over 1/2 the time, plus I've got tons of music on it, this list is a little skewered... but here are the top 15 songs played on Dave's iPod:
1) Wildwood Flower - Reese Witherspoon (from Walk the Line... I was surpised this was #1, though I love this song)
2) Black Horse & the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall (no surprise at all)
3) This Song Remembers When - Trisha Yearwood
4) Numb - U2
5) These R Thoughts - Alanis Morrissette
6) Blowin Me Up With Her Love - JC Chasez (this bothers me. I should take immediate action to change this)
7) King of Pain - Alanis Morrissette
8) Until I Fall Away - The Gin Blossoms
9) Feel Good Inc - The Gorillaz
10) Running From an Angel - Hootie & the Blowfish (my absolute favorite Hootie song)
And the rest of the Top 25
11) Trinity - Jennifer Knapp... 12) Real Love - Mary J. Blige... 13) Jimmy Olsen's Blues - The Spin Doctors... 14) I Fought In a War - Belle and Sebastian... 15) Another Sad Love Song - Toni Braxton... 16) Because the Nights - 10,000 Maniacs... 17) Undo Me - Jennifer Knapp... 18) Ain't No Sunshine - Bill Withers... 19) His Grace is Sufficient - Jennifer Knapp... 20) Blaze of Glory - Jon Bon Jovi... 21) Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J... 22) Hush - LL Cool J... 23) Fool FOr You - Nicole Nordeman... 24) Knowing You - Shelly Nirider (Passion)... 25) Lie Low - Plumb
Until Saturday, when we talk about Life, Love and Other Mysteries....