Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Golden Globes Arrival Show

So, this is one of the many of hundreds of thousands of reasons of why the terrorists hate us.  We not only have three hours of prime time dedicated to giving Hollywood superstars awards and self-congratulations, but we devote an entire HOUR of prime time to just watching them walk into the building, and asking who made the dress they are wearing. 

And, like most people who are into pop culture, movies and Amy Adams, like myself, I'll watch.  But the best part of this evening will simply be the woman sitting about eight feet to my left and back, on the couch... while I can critique the movies, The Lovely Steph Leann is bar none when it comes to discussing the dresses. 

Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie are our hosts for the evening, and Matt tells us about 9,000 glasses of champagne will be poured tonight...

Understand we are about 5 minutes behind the broadcast as The Lovely Steph Leann was doing kitcheny stuff for a few... now we start.

In the last few minutes, we've dealt with the 13 month old, Campbell... we've seen Matt Lauer talk to Jon Bon Jovi, and subsequently I watched The Lovely Steph Leann swoon and grin a little... we've seen Bradley Cooper... Hayden Penetteire... Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman..

Me: I don't even know most of the nominations right now
Her: I didn't know Keith Urban and Nicole Kidman were nominated for anything
Campbell:  Bwwahhauah uahu huahhauuahaa

Zooey Deschanel is nominated tonight for "The New Girl", and strangely enough, I've never seen the show... but somehow, I'm a Zooey fan.  I loved her on "Winnie the Pooh" soundtrack... I love her voice with She & Him... I've liked the movies she's done... maybe I should watch the show?

Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are co-hosting the show tonight, which should be kinda fun.  Amy's outfit though?  Not so much. While Tina Fey looks like that hot mom that lives down the street, I think Amy Poehler + cleavage is a math equation that should not be solved.

Lena Dunham, dressed, is here, nominated for the HBO Show "Girls", a show I cannot bring myself to watch.  Too many naked chicks, plus the name alone gives it a Cinemaxy feel, and that creeps me out.

I wonder if she and Clooney watch old
episodes of WCW Nitro to see Keibler's
Miss Hancock character.  You can find
some of these matches on Netflix.
George Clooney and Stacy Kiebler!  She won't fool me... she is a WCW Nitro Girl from the 90s... I watched her WRESTLE, and it ruled. Don't be pretentious with me, young lady.

The Lovely Steph Leann:  Holy crap... either Al Roker is really short or Jennifer Lawrence is really tall... (not sure which...)

Anne Hathaway, who just has this way of looking like crap one day and looking amazing the next (she's the latter tonight) is here with Matt and Savannah... with her short hair.  She'll always be Princess Mia to me.

Daniel Day-Lewis, talking about Lincoln and what a great man he was and so on.  The Lovely Steph Leann centers in on his companion, Rebecca Miller, and says, "What a humongous purse she has."

The wonderul Julianne Moore comes up to Al Roker.... she's one of my favorite actresses, she'll likely win for her incredible portrayal of Sarah Palin in the superb "GameChange" movie, and she looks fantastic tonight... and The Lovely Steph Leann agrees:  "This looks much better than her yellow highlighter dress from the Emmys".

They show Hugh Jackman, a member in good standing (with Jon Bon Jovi, by the way) in the Colin Firth Club, and The Lovely Steph Leann remarks, "He doesn't need facial hair.  He looks so much better without."  Whatever.  She loves him anyway.   She follows it up with, "Halle Berry looks so... odd."

Really crappy internet + Campbell's dropping a load = tough blog to blog.  Life.

Add to the fact its raining like crazy outside, and we might just lose a signal too... good times!

Hugh Jackman came back on screen just now... The Lovely Steph Leann is a puddle.

Aaaaand... our signal is gone...

I wanted to post a picture of Stacy Keibler from her WCW Nitro wrestling days... but I can't find any where she isn't in a small bikini.  Seriously. 

So, not only did our internet flake out, but we lost our channels as well... rain.  Lots of rain.  Stupid Global Warming. 

On with the real show.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!