Monday, November 09, 2009

Decade's Best Videos, Part IV

Alrighty... before we get all serious and discuss health care--which I think we'll just have to do soon enough--I wanted to continue my list of the Top 20 Videos of the Decade... here's what we counted down so far:

#20... "Fallin' For You" by Colbie Caillet
#19... "Stand Up" by Ludacris & "Without Me" by Eminem
#18... "What Goes Around... / ...Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake
#17... "The Story" by Brandi Carlile
#16... "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland
#15... "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake
#14... "Behind These Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson
#13... "You & I Both" by Jason Mraz
#12... "Dilemma" by Nelly ft Kelly Rowland

And one out of our Top Ten of the Decade, its our first country video... I love the Dixie Chicks, and this was difficult, because "Cowboy Take Me Away" is one of my favorite Chick songs... but that didn't mean the video was great.  I looked for their best video, and there was no doubt... starring Lauren Holly and Dennis Franz, at #11 is The Dixie Chicks with "Goodbye Earl"



Once again, though, its listed in YouTube as unavailable for posting on random websites.  I still think its just a travesty, me not being able to steal videos and post them for my own personal gain.

So if you want the video for "Goodbye Earl", then click here for the link.  By the way, do you like how I'm posting this pic on the side, with text wrapped around it?  Yeah!  I just figured this out!  Go me! 

At #10, starting our Top Ten for the entire decade, its a revealing, fascinating study in money and money spent.  Sarah McLaclan, who has made a billion videos, one of which had her rolling around in a tub after she chided a young Britney Spears and Christina Aguliera for being too 'sexy' in their own videos.  It's "World on Fire"




At #9... its a great video that blows me away for one single reason... its done in one single take.  One.  Single.  Take.  Perhaps they did it 49 times before doing it right, but its one seamless camera shot, its a catchy tune and you probably heard it on an iPod commercial.  Here's Feist with "1 2 3 4"



And at #8, its one of the cutest videos ever. Back when American Idol was at its zenith in... 2006?... they had this cute little song called "Bad Day" by this unknown--who still kinda is--named Daniel Powter. And the video is just great... a boy, a girl, an umbrella, a couple of markers and two bad days.



Hopefully it will come, and pardon the weird shapes.

Coming soon... #7 through #4... then the Top Three Videos of the Decade...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!