Thursday, November 26, 2009

Holiday in Ellijay

I posted a few days ago a brief note that I would be in Ellijay, Georgia, somewhere north of Atlanta, and would be spending Thanksgiving Day.  After posting that, no less than five people either commented on Clouds, on Facebook or sent me a note telling me how they've been here, how their parents took them here, and how its such a lovely town to visit.  And you know what?  They are right.  It is a lovely little town. 


I will say with the backwoods location of the cabin I'm sitting in right now, I feel like I've heard "The Deliverance" banjos a few times.  Somewhere up the hill, across the river that our cabin sits beside, I think I saw Ned Beatty... I cannot tell you if he was squealing like a pig. 

Regardless, I can't share with you thoughts from the trip because I have pictures to go along with it that I want to post.  Put it this way... yesterday (Wednesday), I was faced with a decision . Either go golfing with the guys--and keep in mind, not only do I not golf, I have no interest in really learning mostly because 1) its too expensive, 2) I don't have time for it and 3) I would be afraid I would like it too much and would faced with reasons 1 & 2... or I could go with The Lovely Steph Leann, her mom, her sister, and niece Madeleine and nephew Benjamin. 

Where were they going?  To visit Babyland General Hospital, where... (wait for it... wait for it... waaaaiittt foooorrrr iiittt...) Cabbage Patch Kids are born.  And part of my interest in even going was simply because there would be a story to tell.  And I saw one being born, right out of a cabbage leaf.  And it was disturbing. 

More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!