Well, nothing like waiting til the last minute of the year to type something up for you, huh kid?
You, enjoying some of that birthday
ice cream (sorbet) at Crystal Palace
So I hope you'll forgive your Dad this one year for making it much shorter. Your 10th year of life wasn't a lost year by any means... in fact, I kinda came up with a Campbell Top Ten of songs:
- "Break My Heart" by Dua Lipa
- "Levitating" by Dua Lipa
- "Rollin' in the Deep" by Adele
- "Unstoppable" by Sia
- "Forget Me" by Louis Capaldi
- That "Six Small Wheels" song from one of those Thomas specials
- "We Don't Talk About Bruno" from Encanto
- "I Like You" by Post Malone with Doja Cat
- "Streamlining" from one of those Thomas specials
- "Blinding Lights" by The Weeknd
That last song, "Blinding Lights" was your number one in 2021, but its waned a little in the last 12 months.
Either way, this was the year you really started talking. From the presentation that everyone cheered about from school, to telling your RPM therapist that God promised you you would speak, this was the year that you really came into your own as a person, with a big personality, with a big kind heart, and continued love of trains, airplanes, Disney, and people.
Keep it up.
I promise next year's letter will be much better.
I love you kid