Saturday, December 31, 2022

to campbell, on your 11th birthday

 Dear Campbell,

Well, nothing like waiting til the last minute of the year to type something up for you, huh kid?


You, enjoying some of that birthday
ice cream (sorbet) at Crystal Palace
I know, I know, I usually go on a bit about your year, about the music you loved and things you did and places you went, but I just ran out of time... especially considering we were in Disney World on your birthday (lunch at Sci Fi Dine In Theater just for you!) and then time just go away from me... 

So I hope you'll forgive your Dad this one year for making it much shorter. Your 10th year of life wasn't a lost year by any means... in fact, I kinda came up with a Campbell Top Ten of songs:

  1. "Break My Heart" by Dua Lipa
  2. "Levitating" by Dua Lipa
  3. "Rollin' in the Deep" by Adele
  4. "Unstoppable" by Sia
  5. "Forget Me" by Louis Capaldi
  6. That "Six Small Wheels" song from one of those Thomas specials
  7. "We Don't Talk About Bruno" from Encanto
  8. "I Like You" by Post Malone with Doja Cat
  9. "Streamlining" from one of those Thomas specials
  10. "Blinding Lights" by The Weeknd

That last song, "Blinding Lights" was your number one in 2021, but its waned a little in the last 12 months. 

Either way, this was the year you really started talking. From the presentation that everyone cheered about from school, to telling your RPM therapist that God promised you you would speak, this was the year that you really came into your own as a person, with a big personality, with a big kind heart, and continued love of trains, airplanes, Disney, and people.

Keep it up.

That's all. 

I promise next year's letter will be much better.  

I love you kid

Your Dad




No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!