Sunday, June 28, 2009

LOST Ramblings

Here are some random thoughts while (re)watching the Season 1 finale of LOST on dvd...

This show is so amazing. Seriously.

The Lovely Steph Leann and I are working our way through it, and are finishing the first season. We'll work on the 2nd season in a few days, perhaps get through it in a week or two, then go to the 3rd, then the 4th. We'll wait for the 5th on DVD, probably in December or so, and then be ready for a week by week take on LOST, the final season.

I might even blog it episode by episode, to coincide with American Idol. I will say, though, there has never been a more impressive, more amazing series first episode than LOST.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I was surfing the interweb this afternoon, a relaxing Sunday afternoon, while The Lovely Steph Leann worked on computer. While we were doing our tasks separately, yet still in the same room, the Enzyte commercial came on. You know, the "once a day pill for male enhancement" commercial? Bob is all smiles because... well, he takes Enzyte, and Enzyte... well, it... um... it makes... makes men happier, which in turn, judging from the look on Mrs. Bob's face, makes the wife happier. Do we really need to explain this?

Anyway, I was curious about Smilin' Bob. Hold your imaginations until I get this paragraph finish, okay? I did a Google search on Smilin' Bob and in the process, I found out that not only is the actor named John Larson, which apparently is the name of a congressman (D-CT) as well. The company that owns the brand Enzyte, a place called Berkeley Premium, had thousands of complaints against it to the Better Business Bureau because... well, it didn't work. Plus there was everything from credit card fraud, bank fraud, money laundering, and conspiracy against at least five of their CEOs.

Says Wikipedia: On February 22, 2008, Steven Warshak was found guilty of 93 counts of conspiracy, fraud and money laundering. On August 27, 2008 he was sentenced by U.S. District Judge Arthur Spiegel to 25 years in prison and ordered to pay $93,000 in fines. His company, Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals, along with other defendants, was ordered to forfeit $500 million. His 75-year-old mother, Harriet Warshak, was sentenced to two years in prison.

They have changed the company name to Vianda.

You think thats weird? In my searching, I also discovered that apparently, John Larson (the actor, not the congressman) was in a boating accident off the coast of Martinique, and has been missing since May. Apparently, around June 12th, he's been presumed dead.

How 'bout that for random, huh?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Watching Vh1 Classic this afternoon, they had a Michael Jackson retrospective with a ton of videos. We watched a few, like "Billie Jean", complete with this cool, balance on your toes while posing dance move. I tried it many, many, many times over as a child. Didn't work.

Another video we watched? "We Are the World". Its a total list of 80s Former Mega Stars... Huey Lewis. Cyndi Lauper. Lionel Richie. Diana Ross. Peabo Bryson & James Ingram (I actually am not sure which is which, but I'm pretty convinced they are the same person). Daryll Hall AND John Oates. And Dan Aykroyd, who somehow made into this group of superstar singers.



$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

At church today, that being Valleydale Church (an sbc fellowship), we had a presidential impersonator. His name is John Morgan, and he came out and deadpanned former President Dubya. The laugh was the same, the mannerisms were the same, the voice was the same... it was pretty close to being spot on.

And he was really, really funny. The great thing was, though, he didn't stay in character the whole time. He came out character about 3/4s of the way through, enough to introduce himself and share the gospel.

Photobucket

On his own website, georgebushimpersonator.com, you'll see video of him with Tony Danza, doing his own music (as Dubya) and more. Its a hoot. If you have a chance to see him, go.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

AND FINALLY... I WANTED TO GIVE A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO BILLY MAYS, WHO DIED TODAY. I CAME HOME FROM VALLEYDALE CHURCH (AN SBC FELLOWSHIP) AND AS WE SAT DOWN TO RELAX, I HEARD THE LOVELY STEPH LEANN SAY, "WHAT HAPPENED TO BILLY MAYS?"

"I DUNNO," I SAID, BUT AS I SURFED THE INTERWEB A LITTLE MORE, I DISCOVERED THAT YES, HE IS DEAD AT AGE 50. DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED, BUT I COULDN'T THINK OF A MORE RANDOM PERSON TO HAVE DIED... WELL, RANDOMLY.

Photobucket

WHEN WE USE OXICLEAN HERE AT THE CABANA EXTENDED STAY SUITES AND RESORT SPA, I'LL MAKE SURE I POUR SOME IN THE WASHER FOR ME, SOME ONTO THE GROUND FOR MY HOMIES. OR FOR BILLY.

WHY AM I TALKING IN ALL CAPS? CAUSE THIS IS A WRITER'S WAY OF YELLING. AND BILLY WOULD HAVE WANTED IT THAT WAY.

1 comment:

  1. man...I am saddened by the death of Billy Mays. I bought Oxiclean because of him. I was considering the Hercules Hooks too.

    *sigh* Poor Billy.

    ReplyDelete

I want to hear your response! Click here!!