Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pics of Chicks

I hate going a week or so without blogging, because there's always the danger that your audience will stop coming. So I figured, in the wee hours of the morning, I would toss up a quick post... but what about?

Well, the newest, greatest development in my life is that the scanner now works. Well, not with my laptop... see, it did work with my laptop, until I took it over to my in-laws home several months ago to do some work there... I plugged in their printer, which wasn't compatible with my operating system and blah blah blah jargon jargon, viola, my scanner program no longer exists here at The Cabana. I don't know where it went, and I don't know how to find it.

Anyway, I dug out the dinosaur we used for a long time out of the closet just the other night, plugged it in, got the tower working, and had to jiggle the monitor cord to get it to stay on... but lo and behold, I found the scanner program on the computer. So I turned it on, and then began to dig out all the pics I wanted to scan before....

So tonight, I thought I'd give you a few pics of people, namely chicks, that I've mentioned here, so you can put a face to them... first...

Photobucket
Rebecca Miller & the Divine Do-Over was a pretty popular post way back in the day... so here's Rebecca Miller herself. She's the one with her hand in front of her face. Perhaps thats the way God intended... I go out with an Alpha Gam, and I have no real proof of how cute she was. But she's no The Lovely Steph Leann.

Photobucket
I've mentioned The Angel a few times, so here she is. This is at the first FarmHouse Coffeehouse night way back in the spring of 1995, I believe. She let me bow unto her presence and snap a photo... the light flowing around her almost messed up my camera, and I could barely hear anything for the Hallelujah chorus in the distance.

Photobucket
Haven't talked about Shelby Logan that much, but she's a first ballot Dave Hall of Famer. A close friend of mine from college, we just recently started talking more, via Facebook. Heck, with this post, she'll even get her own Clouds label. Anyway, we are here at a going away party for a friend, and for a reason that I cannot pin down, we are performing the drama "When I Was Little" in my apartment. I love this picture.

Photobucket
And finally, because I didn't want to be rude and do a posting with girls only--The Lovely Steph Leann might be affronted--I thought I'd toss up another favorite picture of mine... this is me and Troy Mac at the TSU Homecoming... 1997, I think? Might be 98... no, Amy Worthy was 98, so I guess it was 97. I don't know. Anyway, I found him last year, and I was pretty pumped. Well, we haven't exactly chatted a whole lot just yet, but we will, I'm sure.

By the way... Troy wasn't my date. I believe the aforementioned Shelby was my date to this particular homecoming... (now speaking aloud to myself) Miranda Bryant was 93, Lisa Murphy was 94, I think Julie Haynes was 95, Jennifer Mullins was 96... and that would make Shelby Logan 97. That sounds right. Wait, was Julie my date in 95? No, she wasn't cause we didn't go out until... wait, maybe she was... or was it Julie Echols? ... see, when you marry someone like The Lovely Steph Leann, all these other chicks just kind of run together in a mesh of unwanted memory and long forgotten affection. Where was I?

Anyway, whether you enjoyed the pics or not, I did. Talk to you during Idol...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!