Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Drinking the Sand (The Election Coverage Part II)

From The American President:
Lewis: People want leadership, Mr. President, and in the absence of genuine leadership, they'll listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

President Shepherd: Lewis, we've had presidents who were beloved, who couldn't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

940p... Figured I'd keep you from having to scroll all the way down over and over. The last update on the previous blog involved Pelosi, Reid and vomit, three words that are pretty much interchangable.

The Messiah carries Virginia and its however many votes. Virginia has drunk the sand. The Messiah leads 220-138. The last time VA went Democrat? LBJ. And we saw how that worked.

Fox News is having an interesting discussion on whether this country is still Center/Right or is it moving Center/Left? It seems that they think its still a Center/Right country... yet, why vote into the most powerful office in the world a guy who has been voted one of the, if not THE, most liberal guy in the Senate, where he'll preside over one of the most lopsided party majority rules in history?

Well... I'll tell ya. Barack Obama had to run moderate, and even Right to win this election. Seriously. He had to tell us he'd lover taxes. He had to go after the evangelical vote, defending his beliefs in Christianity and against arguments he was a Muslim. He had to appear pro-military. Senator Obama had to appear moderate and almost Right to get elected. Remember, the 2006 election was snatched from Republicans on two factors: conservative new Democrats and people fed up with compromsing Republicans.

What if he had run on the values his party actually holds? If Obama told us exactly how he "was going to lower taxes for the middle class", or if he had told us exactly how he "planned to end this war" or if he told us exactly how he "came to know Jesus Christ"? He'd never get elected.

Let's be clear, Anonymous Posters. I don't know Obama's faith. I don't know if he's a Christian or not. I have no clue. I have no doubt that Dubya is, that Palin is, and I would believe that McCain is too... but I don't know about Obama, because he doesn't talk about it.

This is how Obama wins an election. And this is how he loses 2012.

952p... Seems like something happened this year that didn't happen when Bush beat Kerry, who served in Vietnam. The young peoples rocked the vote. Here's what I have learned. Young people are idealistic. This isn't a slam on them, this isn't an insult to young people, but you take a bunch of 18 to 24 year olds, you stick them in classrooms for four years, being taught nothing but American Sucks! America Sucks! Republicans are Greedy! Conservatives are Bible Thumpin' Jesus Lovin' Gun Totin' Sexist Racist Homophobes! over and over and over, and all they see on the media--even Fox News many times--is how wonderful the Democrats are and how terrible the Republicans are...

I say this having been one of those. I would have voted for Clinton in 1992 were I old enough. I almost voted for Clinton in 1996 for my very first vote. Why did I? I started to pay attention. I started to read past the headlines and actually figure out what the stories say. I started to see the media bias that existed. I started to learn for myself how to think for myself.

Now, at 33, I'm totally conservative. I'm a right wing nut job, as some say. I like idealism, because it sets a standard of how great this country could be. But idealism doesn't make this country great. And Obama as president won't either.

10p... This exchange just happened:

Brit Hume on Fox: "We are now projecting what you probably new was the inevitable... we are calling California for Senator Obama, which now gives him 297 electoral votes, enough to make him our new president."
Shawn: "Got a gun?"
The Lovely Steph Leann: "We don't keep guns in our home. Just for situations just like this."

1005p... So, we've been told that we should forget race. We have been told that this isn't about race. And ya know what, for myself, for The Lovely Steph Leann, for Shawn, and I dare say for others that I know like Young Garrett, Hot Sista' Cheney, KT, J Rob, K Dub, Tiffany Abbott McC, The Angel, Blair, All the Von Latta family (now there is like, 45 of them) and tons more that I know, this was NOT about race.

In fact, you give me a good candidate, like Condi Rice, or Thomas Sowell or others, I'd vote that way. Black or white. Who cares?

Its the Democrats that keep bringing up race. There's a black correspondant on now, almost crying about how this wasn't even fathomable a few years ago... a black man elected president?!?!?

Wait... I thought Bill Clinton was the first black president. I'm confused.

1011p... Brit Hume said the words, "Barack Obama, America's 44th president", to which The Lovely Steph Leann stood up, threw her blanket down and replied, "I can't handle this. I'm going to bed."

1015p... Just saw this status on someone's facebook page: "Vote Democrat. It's Easier Than Working!"

1016p... Just saw this status on someone's facebook page: "Where can I do to get my mortgage paid for and my gas tank full"

1018p... I think Jesse Jackson is crying. That looks like The Honorable Reverend Jesse Jackson on television...

Well, he's crying for one of two reasons:

1) Because Obama is president, and the whole "first black in the White House" thing

2) Because he knows that he'll never be President, ever, and finally, a clean an articulate black man has won the election.

1020p... McCain has come out with his babelicious wife Cindy, and his babeliciouser VP nominee Sarah Palin. When McCain said he called Obama earlier, the audience erupted in boos. McCain threw his hands out, saying, "Please, please..."

Say what you want about McCain, you can dislike what he stands for, you can dislike the direction he wants to take our country (you know, freedom and capitalism) but you have to admit, he's conducted just about the cleanest campaign we've ever seen. I didn't say clean, I said it was cleaner than most.

1024p... Sarah Palin is freakin' hot.

1026p... This just in. Chris Matthews and Olbermann are both hammered, doing the macarena and about to make out.

1030p... John McCain's speech is really good. It could be better.

So McCain has given his gracious speech, giving props to Senator Obama. Perhaps McCain was too nice. Perhaps McCain didnt go after Obama & Biden in the right way. Perhaps Sarah Palin came along too late. Who knows.

What I do know is that alot of people... a helluva lot of people have drunk the sand because they didn't know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!