Monday, July 23, 2007

Dave's Virtual Bike Tour: Week Two

As reported last week, I set out my virtual bike tour... since its Monday, its time for an update.

Unfortunately, I missed a few days of biking, so I didn't get nearly as far as I would have hoped...

When last we met, I was headed to Oxford. Well, I finally made it to Oxford. Stopped off at the Starbucks, had some iced coffee. Some hot chick named Heidi tried to hit on me, even though I was all hot and sweaty. I bought her a latte, then spent the next twenty minutes telling her how awesome the Lovely Steph Leann is. Finally, Heidi got the hint and left me alone. I mean, its what I face daily. Scott Latta you know what I'm talking about.

So, I hop on the bike, and head back down Highway 78, towards some podunk town called DeArmanville. Its on the map, I swear. It is only 5.5 miles away, so in less than an hour, I'm entering the DeArmanville city limits. There really isn't much to see. I stopped for some water, and had some old guy tell me how pretty my mouth was. I got on the bike quickly and left.

Heflin is another city on Highway 78, and its about 11 and a half miles down the road. I decided to not stop this time, because Edwardsville is only 5 more miles. I did have to stop 3 miles outside of Edwardsville and use the bathroom, though. I thought I saw Heidi pass by in a 73 Camaro. She gave me the finger and threw her empty latte cup out the window.

I stopped in Edwardsville for dinner, only with a town of 186 people, there really wasn't anything to eat. I should've eaten in Heflin. So, here I am, digging in my pack for a crushed sandwich, headed towards Fruithurst, then the Georgia Line. I've got about 99 miles down, about about 60 to Atlanta.

I'm hoping to make it to Atlanta by next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear your response! Click here!!